Sunday 28 June 2009

godspeed you, warwick university



i guess this is my university post. its over. the end of warwick. yes, i have a law degree. it feels good to say that. i think i say it with a sigh of relief more than anything. i've made new friends. hat, who prior to my university days was a mere acquaintance to me has become my best friend in the entire world (cue tears, tissue). i've screwed up, slacked off, had the worst things said about me(typically, it has happened since primary school) and yet, i can't say that i'd do it any differently given the chance. no, i am not getting sentimental, as i recall one of my 'new friends' once said to me 'you have no emotions, you have no heart.' Have I made good friends? one really can't be sure. it's all too subjective, which is why in Trusts Law, when you leave property to your 'friends', most of the time it is held to be void because 'friends' is far too vague a term to qualify for certainty, even in terms of my uneventful life. but to those whom i have been acquainted with during my years at warwick, i consider all of you as friends- even if you act like we're the best of friends at night and ignore me during the day. yes. you are all just fine in my eyes. love and communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment