Saturday 22 August 2009

my twisted words?





It’s been almost a week since Radiohead released ‘These Are My Twisted Words’ and I’m scared to articulate my presently unresolved thoughts. This is because I know that it’s almost blasphemous to say anything bad about Radiohead because they are pretty much superhuman but come on guys, this could have been one of the weakest tracks on ‘In Rainbows’. Cue guilt. Perhaps I haven’t listened to the track enough times per hour to fall victim to its hypnotic grip. Perhaps I have an underdeveloped appreciation of new age musical experimentalism and that I really miss the long gone, good old cushy days of The Bends. Okay. Let’s pretend we’re on Planet Creative, where there are bands out there of near equal celestial quality as Radiohead and newrandombandX released this. I’m half convinced that most people would have stopped listening by the second minute of the song. Right before Thom(or rather, the superb vocalist of newrandomband X) pleases the lyric hungry with a mini congregation of words, which I think saved the almost 6 minute long song from humdrum. But wait, there is some hope - the song gets better each time you listen to it.. so at the very least, there is some hope for this currently sonically middling track to evolve into something far greater in the near future. The mystique of music. Who really gets these things?

No comments:

Post a Comment