Friday 25 December 2009

All I Want For Christmas Is.... ?

Wow. Two posts in one day. I told you Christmas is always uneventful for me.
I've been thinking of the gifts I would have liked to receive today. My mother usually makes me choose my own birthday gift (alongside other gifts which she posts to me because I'm always, always away from home). She knows how fussy I am. To be honest, the best non self-picked gifts I have received are from Hat. Tis true. But ah, I digress.


Funny how at the end of 2009, it has become apparent to me that my list of 'wants' has shrunk considerably. So, my Noel list is short and sickly sweet. Here we go:

1. Home. I want to go home, even if it's just for a day. I miss the comfort of my mother, brother and my dearest friends. I miss the sticky humidity, my cats, the leisure of never having to do any house work. I miss the countless nights with my closest friends, which would end just before dawn at some random greasy food joint..with iced lemon tea served in the most unhygienic manner but more importantly- every night concluded with smiles plastered all round.

2. Okay, if home doesn't work out, I want Hat to live with me here again. Actually, this tops my list.


3. A cat. A cute, congenial, fluffy one. Preferably black with green eyes.

4. Jellybones reciprocity. Only hat will understand this.

5. Good grades and a good job here next year.

Too bad you can't box and wrap up most of these things. Too bad I didn't get any. Oh, well.


Merry merry.

No comments:

Post a Comment