Wednesday 9 December 2009

Who believes in fate?

I'm wary of it. To me it's something of an indefinable deceptive force, which we succumb to when we stumble upon intriguing coincidences, which we then find ourselves wanting to attach some meaning of 'higher order' to...the word 'fate' being the most convenient. Blasphemous, I know. Blame it on life experience. Skepticism renews itself on a monthly basis here, with a more pointed prong. It shreds all romanticism, the concept of fate included.


I was at a point in life where I had given up hope on not only love, but sadly enough, even companionship. I had resigned to the nightly inevitability of retiring to an empty bed. And then everything changed. My advice to you is : always have enough cigarettes on you so that you don't end up being a complete tramp by asking the person sitting closest to the door if you could have a cigarette.


No comments:

Post a Comment