Monday 9 November 2009

An Alternative Outlet

Well I usually share the songs I've been listening to excessively/quarter life crisis anthems with a specific person (Re kissing in the rain, my bloody valentine). Two songs in one night might be a bit much, a bit too obvious, so I'm just going to have to share this with the rest of you. This song creeped up on me, wholly unexpectedly. I never bothered to listen to Pedro the Lion because (forgive my judgmental disposion..or rather, my pure ignorance) but..their name just managed to somehow form far too great an obstacle for me to ever think that their music could be even marginally worth a listen. Anyway, as I was sorting out my whites(laundry, that is) tonight..my ipod decide to surprise me. It was on the 'Recently Played' playlist and I swear, for the life of me, I have never ever deliberately put on Pedro the Lion. Anyway, this song came on. The lyrics held such accurate resonance with my life that I decided, without a doubt, that my Ipod had conspired against me, in a conscious effort to make me appreciate what is a pretty much obsolete band..or song at least. I will stop talking now. Enjoy:



good night.
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment