Saturday 21 November 2009

weekend getaway

Friday night has come and gone. I spent mine watching half of Old Boy (upon a friend's insistence. gave up half way through. it just failed to amuse me in the way it has managed to amuse almost everyone else who has watched it). I then attempted to watch another film, Factotum, which also turned out to be equally as dire. Factotum, without a doubt, is the most mundane, soulless film I have ever sat through. I would have been better off observing the fine lines that decorate the white walls of my apartment. Following the bleakness of the 'events' that had unfolded, I decided to go to bed at 10pm. I think it was a great idea. I got approximately 12 hours of sleep, woke up completely refreshed...only to realise that this city has nothing to offer me. And so, as I did last week, I will board a train to London in a vain attempt to reestablish some form of social life. Wish me luck. I need all I can get-it never works out well. Often, upon return, I am left with thoughts of regret and disappointment. It is far too embarrassing and painful to retell. Well, in other news, I have done something which is totally uncharacteristic of me- I just asked a boy out. I have not yet received a reply but us girls have woman's intuition, which essentially tells me it will be of the negative. I tried, what can I say..we need to get by, don't we? Bah, most of the time, I am just looking for a shoulder to rest my head on. Then again, aren't we all, my lovelies?



Here's to hopes of good responses and of course, a good weekend.

Love,
sciolizm

No comments:

Post a Comment