Saturday 7 November 2009

Teach me FRUGALITY

High up on the long, long list of my bad habits is my inability to save money. The art of frugality, come to me! I tend to forget that I am a student and that I do, as a fact, live on a pretty tight budget. When I think back about all the things I've bought over the past 2 months or so, I get really panicky- I want to return everything and feel responsible and richer again. But no, that will not happen. So, instead, definitely not to brag or boast but rather to help you understand my acute problem and to help remind me that I really should stop shopping, here are a few pictures of my favourite recent purchases. Note that I said favourite..of course there's far more than I care to share...and it does not include all the books, dvds and albums I've bought... Let the panic attack begin!

The pictures had a very logical order to them, but I messed it up terribly so here they are, in no particular order. ugh.


One of My school bags. The other one is a mini suitcase. I swear.





I don't even know who made this but I love it and am never taking it off. I bought it at Selfridges and it half explains why I'm broke.



All Saints Motorcycle boots. I wear these to class almost everyday. My best friend in school hates them because he used to be in the army.



Evil Eye? Blue Topaz necklace from Pascal. I never take this off.




Another very recent purchase from Selfridges. This is by Vadi Jewels. The silver chain is pleated with a dark purple and navy blue velvet string. I love it. It wasn't that expensive either.



Black Acne asymmetrical dress with a slight ruffly detail on the side. I bought this out of pure desperation when I had to attend a dining session at my Inn. Don't ask.



I've worn this at least 5 times since I've bought it. Almost more than I've worn most of my other clothes. It's one of my favourite pieces. Thank you, Christopher Kane for creating something within my price range.



Everyone loves this ring. It's from Marc by Marc Jacobs. It's becoming increasingly tarnished. I wear it less now.






Again, I had to buy these for some law-related event. I needed a pair of 'proper court shoes' and thought I'd splurge. Little did I know that I'd end up with my heel stuck in one of those tiny holed drainage tiles they have in London..and so the patent on the heel is pretty much ruined. Ugh. The trials and tribulations of sciolizm.



Cheap Monday is fun. And yes, I rarely wear anything other than black. I should work at People's Revolution. I wish.





I don't like this dress anymore. I don't think I will wear it. I am not sure why I uploaded a picture of it. Christopher Kane for Topshop. Meh.





This is the one and only clock I have in my apartment. I got it from Urban Outfitters. Two days after I bought it, it went on sale. The moral of the story is basically, don't buy £30 clocks which are made out of cardboard.






Designer wine glass. Of course. I can't return it.





This tupperware set is TOO CUTE. I think there are about 4 smaller ones inside it. I've never brought a packed lunch to school though. See, WASTAGE.





Panda showercap. Hat had the shark one. I think I bought it because it reminded me of her.




I talk to this when I take a shower. I wish I was joking.


Over Summer, I became strangely fascinated by Hello Kitty. Thus, I figured the least I could do was have at least one Hello Kitty related item in my house. I ended up with a piggy bank. A Kitty Bank! It was filled with chocolate coins. Isn't that great?




PHOENIX! I went to their gig a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I had a ridiculous grin on my face throughout the whole performance.





MEW. I watched them on Tuesday. I cannot even begin to describe how good it was. Celestial vocals, perfect band. I've said this before but I am strangely intrigued by Jonas's fragile stage disposition.


This is by far my favourite and most significant purchase. It's actually my graduation present from my lovely mother. It's a necklace by Ahkah for Kabiri. 14 pretty little diamonds in a row. They sparkle and I smile.

3 comments:

  1. In love with Kabiri by Ahkah necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those All Saints lace-ups. They look properly broken-in :-)

    ReplyDelete