Tuesday 29 September 2009

I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour...

Wrote this last week, right after Hat left. Because I tend to get sappy like that..well, like this:

Often it is the presence of people that makes you realise how much of a difference they made in your life, how much you have missed them and how much you will miss them when they leave.

Hat was here yesterday and now she is gone. Understandably, my apartment is brimful of sadness. Although we didn’t do much at all during our time together here, memories that would be thrown into the ‘Insignificant’ pile by most mentally coherent people are cherished colossally by emotionally feeble sciolizm. When I say we did nothing, I mean we did absolutely nothing that qualifies as anything even remotely worth mentioning. It was like a typical night at Flat 5, the impenetrable bubble that protected us from the big bad world was recreated. Déjà Vu with an altered milieu. I wish we were still living in Flat 5. When she left, I realised this all over again, on a whole different level. This is real. That phase is over and it will never come back. It fucking sucks.

---

You see, I could go on for ages but I realise that this is wholly unnecessary as I'm sure you get the point. Maladjustment. Mehhhhh.


No comments:

Post a Comment