Thursday 24 September 2009

This Sweats Glitter

My lack of internet has arrested my ability to put you to sleep with my thoughts on music. I must thank Cox for sharing this with me. So here it is- another boring music post!



The taster we heard a couple of months ago did not equip me for this. Especially not today.


This song fucked me up. I was in a really shitty mood and then this starts playing and suddenly i see multiple rainbows flashing, one coloured arch at a time, at a relatively high speed from every corner of my mind(mind you, there are a lot of corners in my mind). Then came the beaming fairies twirling around in delight. And they’ve got those gymnastic ribbons, with which they make their own hypnotic rainbows. I’m just sat here thinking ‘What the fuck is going on? It sounds like gay electricity from the 80s.'


This voice clearly got lost on its way home, ran into a mountain of crack and smoked that mountain flat. Then The Similou came, took advantage of its smashed, submissive state and raped it. 9 months later, this song (and the whole album, I suspect) was born. The awkward love child who just happened to be born at the right time- a time where awkwardness is revered. I swear Jules would have been beaten up and possibly stabbed if he tried to pull this shit in 2001.


That being said, I can’t stop listening to it. Casablancas possesses strange, spellbinding powers..over me at least. Fuck you, Casablancas. I really wanted to stop believing in you.

Love,
Schizolizm

No comments:

Post a Comment