Saturday 31 October 2009

Happy Halloween

A million different parties in a million different places, mountains of candy, barrels and barrels of intoxication, an array of different costumes, lit jack o laterns, black and orange...and nothing particularly spooky.

Last year hat and I carved our first pumpkin. It had a crown, it had a name (which I can't recall at all). We placed a scented candle in it because we couldn't find any other candles. Vanilla, I think. This is what it looked like:



We had never attended (or wait, 'been invited to' is probably more accurate) a Halloween party but a couple of hats friends came over to strategically located Flat 5 for a couple of convenient drinks before they headed out. One was dressed as an angel, the other a devil. Hat and I decided to tag along and therefore had to assemble ourselves into relatively 'frightening' characters in approximately 10 minutes. Hat wore this amazing dress (Anna Sui!) and went as a gothic bride, and I went as the eeriest creature in the entertainment industry, Winehouse. The devil used my eyeliner and lipliner to draw and colour in the tattoos, which turned out quite impressive (with, of course, an overtone of hilarity). I think we had a good night out.

Tonight, however, I will stay at home with my scary law books.. lanternless, constumeless, candyless. I can't say with certainty that I mind though. Happy Halloween to the rest of yous anyway.


Ignore the video, enjoy the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment